So I tried Craigslist, with some success thus far. Â Amazing, considering this is my ad:
Guitarist seeking musicians for making music (Austin, TX)
Date: 2010-08-26, 10:15AM CDT
Here’s some things I am/am not looking for…
– Having fun, but being well-rehearsed.
– Collaborating on songwriting.
– Not being a bunch of dudes with mustaches and aviator sunglasses
– People who know where all the notes are on their instrument, can follow the basic major/minor keys
– Playing occasional covers of bands like the Cure, Trash Can Sinatras, REM
– Not playing covers of bands like Death Cab for Cutie, Animal Collective, Nickleback
– Someone who wants to sing. I don’t care if you play another instrument or not.
– Being a little more Jazz-Blues than Blues-Jazz
– If you have punched someone in the face in the past 3 months, don’t respond
– People who don’t bring their girlfriend to every practice
– If your favorite beer has “Lite” in the name, don’t respond
– People who say “that guitar needs more crunch” – you’re out too
Not a real serious list, I know. I’m just trying to find a group of people that can get along well and make music. I’ve got a facebook artist page with some mostly improvised recordings if you want proof I’m a real person, own a guitar, etc. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jay-Ratkowski/252166944283 I just moved to Austin a couple months back, live kinda north at the moment but usually hang out in East Austin and all around downtown – so location shouldn’t be an issue.
I have no idea where this hypothetical band would rehearse, but let’s just try get a group of misfits together, hang out, figure the rest out from there.
- Location: Austin, TX
- it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests