I like the website www.footballoutsiders.com (no, they didn’t pay me to say that).Â They have some neat stats.Â Here’s a few random things I found by browsing their database tonight.
- The Colts are 5th worst in the league with their interception rate, throwing one on about every eight drives.
- 39% of Green Bay’s drives do not result in a TD or even a 1st down.
- Denver is averaging 3 points for every time their offense touches the ball.
- St Louis is averaging less than 1.
- Arizona is turning the ball over once every 5 times they get the ball.
In other news:
Yards per attempt numbers can tell a lot about a QB.Â Here’s some numbers:
A very good QB is usually around 8YPA or higher (unless you are in a Mike Martz offense, which throws all the numbers out of whack).Â Those pitiful numbers above belonged to:
- Peyton Manning
- Marc Bulger
- Carson Palmer
- Matt Hasselbeck
- Derrick Anderson
After tonight, my fantasy starters will be:
Williams and Portis are the only players I drafted.